Monday, August 04, 2008

Wrestling with the heat

IT'S FRIGGIN' HOT!!!!!
Whew, if I could afford it, I'd travel to the equator just so I could cool off.
It's so hot, I cracked an egg on the sidewalk - a full grown chicken jumped out, pecked me in the forehead three times and clucked, "IT'S FRIGGIN' HOT!!!!!"
Anyway, a couple weeks ago Kelly Blair and I traveled to Monroe to watch a TNA wrestling house show. I must admit, I was a bit skeptical on the drive there. We speculated that most of the wrestlers on the TV show probably would not make the trip to Monroe, followed by a drive to Little Rock for another show the next night.
I was wrong. We were treated to a show which featured a genuine TNA star wrestler in every match. Kelly's favorite, Angelina Love, was there. I thought he was going to have to be hosed down.
My used-to-be-favorite, Roxxi Leveaux was also there. Apparently, she's not going to let her hair grow back as she's still fairly bald. Call me a pig but, I think women are more attractive with hair on their head.
The main event featured Kurt Angle, who lost to A.J. Styles. After the match, Angle took the microphone and spoke of his love for the business. He then stood in the ring while anyone with 20 bucks could come in and take a picture with him. While he was doing that, a few of the other wrestlers came around the ring and talked, signed autographs and posed for pictures for free.
I'm not an autograph guy, so Kelly and I headed for the door. But, Kelly did talk me into stopping into a Hooters for wings.
I must say, I don't get it. The wings at this restaurant aren't all they're talked up to be. I have no idea why this restaurant is so popular.
If our waitress hadn't flirted with us and wasn't wearing the shortest shorts I've ever seen in my friggin' life, I wouldn't have left that tip . . . and my jaw on the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home