Monday, June 09, 2008

I'll be back

I ventured into the El Dorado gym Monday afternoon for a quick visit with Coach Smith. After talking about his camp for a few minutes, I walked onto the court in search of a basketball.
It's been a long time since I shot a basketball. Actually, it's been a long time since I've done any sort of activity that doesn't involve a remote control or a video controller.
I picked up a basketball and bounced it once. The damn thing ricocheted off the floor and hit me square in the mouth.
Since when did they start putting so much air in those basketballs?
When I finally got control of the ball, I turned my attention to the rim. To my surprise, I could barely see it. Everything was fuzzy and blurry. I closed one of my eyes to try and get a clearer picture.
I could've closed both and had a better shot at it. My first attempt from about 12 feet was woefully short. My shot was so bad, I'm surprised it didn't miss the floor.
I would eventually make a shot or two but I must admit, I never thought I would be so bad. I actually started looking around to see if anyone was watching. I think I saw a kid looking down from one of the windows near the football coaches' office.
At this point, I was too tired to even be embarrassed.
I will get in better shape than I am right now. I'm not going to say that I couldn't be in any worse shape because I know that's not true. But, it's ridiculous that I've let myself get to this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home