Sunday, June 01, 2008

Rubbing shoulders with the greats

I got a call Sunday from Elizabeth "Lizzie Babee" Wells, who was in Little Rock at her snooty, uber wealthy golf club.
Liz was all excited to tell me about her encounter Sunday with Super Bowl quarterbacks Eli and Peyton Manning, who were apparently guests at the club.
Of course, Liz talked to both athletes and got their autographs.
"Eli is really shy," she said. "They are both really nice."
Liz, who also has somewhat of a friendship with Tiger Woods, has come a long way from her childhood in Hampton.
I've been on this earth more than 40 years and the most famous person I've met is probably Karl Malone. Hell, who in Union County hasn't met Karl Malone?
This girl hasn't turned 19 and she's already had extended conversations with some of the best athletes in the world, including all of the best golfers in the world. Did I mention she worked Augusta during the Masters? She washed Tiger's balls.
Stop it.
Anyway, thanks Lizzie Babee for telling me about your great experience. There's no telling who you'll become best friends with when you get to Dallas this fall and start playing golf for Southern Methodist University.
Although I'm a little envious right now, if you can introduce me to a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, I think we can call it even.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home