Monday, May 12, 2008

Ripping my heart out

Okay, I wasn't going to write about this but something is eating on me to the point that I can hardly stand it. You're gonna laugh when I tell you but, to me, this is a horrific thing.
This is not a joke. I'm as serious as I can be. When I saw this, I couldn't sleep. It feels like there's a medicine ball in my chest. I am seriously bothered by what I saw.
Okay, here goes.
Everyone knows I'm a wrestling fan, right?
Now, there you go not taking me seriously. Yeah, this is about wrestling but wait until I tell you before you jump to conclusions.
I've been turned off by the WWE and so I've tuned in to TNA Wrestling. It's a lower budget wrestling organization but it does some things that I enjoy.
Anyway, I love the women's division there. The women are athletic and attractive but they're not fake Playboy bunny types.
One of my favorites goes by the name of Roxxi Laveaux. In the pay-per-view Sunday night, the stipulation of the match was the loser got her head shaved. Obviously, I'm not happy because Roxxi, my girl, was the loser.
I know it's scripted and she was designated as the one who would lose and get her head shaved before the match ever began. I know she's a grown woman and agreed to the whole thing. I understand all of that.
But, the picture of her sitting in a chair, crying as they shaved her head bothers me. Did I mention there was blood pouring out of the cuts on her scalp?
I don't think she was acting, either. Apparently, neither did the crowd, which was almost as upset as I was. They were booing and calling for Vince Russo, who writes the scripts at TNA, to be fired as the head shaving was taking place.
Like I said, I understand it's entertainment. Maybe I just can't stand seeing a young woman in that much distress. Maybe I'm just a pig and hate seeing a cute girl turned into a not quite so cute girl.
I'm telling you, I don't know of anyone who could've watched this and not been disturbed by it.
They actually shaved a girl's head, while she sat crying and bleeding.
I know it's wrestling and shouldn't be taken this seriously. Call me a softie but my heart still aches. I feel so sorry for this young woman.
Okay, now you can laugh at me.
Jerks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home