Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I've got gas

A guy from Centerpoint Energy stopped by my house yesterday to turn off my gas because of non-payment. It wasn't the first time the man has been to my house on business.
After I wrote a rubbery check, I asked the guy for the inside scoop on why gas prices are so high.
He admitted that it's even a problem for folks who work at the gas company. He then told me something I found hard to fathom.
The man said gas stations in Monroe get their fuel supply from Lion Oil in El Dorado. They come to El Dorado to get the fuel, take it back to Monroe and sell it for 10 cents less than it's sold in El Dorado.
How does that happen?
I'm going to tell my editor tomorrow to see if our newspaper will look into this. Hopefully, a dog hasn't swallowed some glue this week and they'll have a reporter available.
• • •
Ouachita Baptist University had its annual athletic banquet Tuesday.
Our very own Marandalynn Parker was given the Coach's Award for women's basketball by Coach Gary Crowder.
She was one of five Lady Tigers to get awards. Gabby Coleman was Outstanding Athlete of the Year. Candise Hurdle won the defensive award and Haley Griffin got the offensive award. Megan Scrivner (former Megan Rogers of Ouachita) won the Jerry Forehand Award.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home