Monday, April 07, 2008

I hate UConn

Have I mentioned in the last five minutes how much I hate UConn women's basketball?
Well, in case you missed it, I don't like 'em.
I'm so glad Stanford put the Huskies out of the tournament. I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN decided not to broadcast the final now that its hometown team is no longer participating.
ESPN loves UConn sooooo much it's sickening. From Geno Auriemma to Rebecca Lobo, ESPN slurps UConn like a Sonic Blast.
Even in defeat, the analysts talked more about UConn than about Stanford, which outplayed the Huskies all night long. They gave UConn excuses about having injuries to their roster. I've heard both Lobo and Diana Taurasi blame Tennessee for dropping its series with their former team.
UConn is considered the premier women's program even though Tennessee has been more dominant for a much longer period of time.
I hate UConn. From Sue Bird, the most over-rated player since Rebecca Lobo to the too-hyped Maya Moore, I can't stand any of 'em.
And now, I can watch the championship game without having my stomach in knots.
Go Stanford. Go Tennessee. God bless America except for Connecticut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home