Saturday, June 07, 2008

Let's go camping

Dadgum, just one more day. I go back into the office on Monday after a quick seven days vacation. I did exactly what I planned, nothing. I played Xbox college football, led William & Mary and Elon to national championships.
I've got another week's vacation that I'll have to take before the end of July. Maybe I'll actually do something that week.
Anyway, El Dorado hosts its basketball team camp this week. I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out. Every year I have the same dilemma of how to cover a basketball camp. I'd like to put something in the newspaper about the kids who are busting their butts during the summer. But, no matter what happens, no matter who beats who, it's still just a camp. It doesn't mean anything as far as the regular season is concerned.
So, you can't cover the games as if they counted. It's really just practice, although scores will be kept.
I'm sure we'll figure out something.
I'm also looking forward to seeing some new wrinkles from the area coaches. I know PC coach Mark Young and Clancie Laymon and El Dorado's Corey Smith, Henry Harrell and Valerie Turner all attended the coaches clinic in Tunica a few weeks ago.
Both Young and Smith raved about the event. Hopefully, they'll unveil a couple new plays that I haven't seen this week.
It should be a fun few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home