Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympics fun to watch

Holy crap!
I just watched a South Korean woman snatch 308 pounds over her head with ease.
That's freakin' amazing.
I guess that's why I love the Olympics. There are some incredible athletes around the world that we only get to see once every four years.
I wish we had a sports network that actually covered events other than baseball, basketball and football.
Michael Phelps has wowed the world, although I think the Serbian got screwed in the 100-meter butterfly. But, Phelps has been fun to watch.
I'm not a big gymnastics fan but I did enjoy watching those events, too. She didn't win, but that Shawn Johnson girl is something else.
Maybe the most impressive performance I've seen so far is Usain Bolt winning the 100 so easily. I've never seen a world record set when the athlete actually cruises the final 40 yards.
I'm really enjoying these events. This first week has been great and I'm eagerly looking forward to some great track and field next week.
I finally got to watch Russia's women's basketball team this morning and boy, was I disappointed. I know why they wanted Becky Hammon. She's, by far, the best player they've got. They lost to Australia by about 20 and Hammon was the only reason it wasn't 30. She had 20 points and took 11 shots.
The rest of that Russian team is as gutless as I've ever seen. I had no idea they were THAT heartless. They have the talent to push USA but, mark my words, they'll be competitive for a half before folding like a one-egg pudding.
Other than Russia's horrible showing, I've enjoyed the emotion of all these athletes. I can't wait to see what next week brings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home