Thursday, January 10, 2008

It ain't great but it's free

Yeah, yeah, I haven't posted in a couple of days. Hey, this stuff is free. What other writer shares their brilliance with you for free?
I saw a good game Tuesday when PC lost at Strong 39-36.
It was a good, hard-fought game between two solid but flawed teams. Both squads missed too many free throws for my taste.
The junior high game between the two schools was actually much better played down the stretch with big, big, huge, monstrous shots knocked down by multiple players on both teams.
Strong's 53-52 win on a shot at the buzzer ended Parkers Chapel's 26-game junior high winning streak.
In other senior high games Tuesday, Smackover beat Harmony Grove 57-20, Norphlet beat Bearden 50-36 and El Dorado won at Sheridan 39-33.
On Friday, while I'd love to see Smackover's league matchup against Lake Village, I'm gonna go back to El Dog to see if the Lady Wildcats can beat Lake Hamilton. If El Dorado wins, it will be in the hunt. It's a big game.
I'll catch up with Smackover in the next few days. I want to see England's Sharnice Reed, who scored 49 points in a 68-66 loss to Lake Village last week.
This is already a strange season. I've never gone into January without a dominant team in the area. That is the case this year and, no, I don't like it.
Hopefully, someone will get hot down the stretch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home