Friday, December 07, 2007

El Dorado to play Strong

I'm busy so here are a couple quick updates.
Strong and El Dorado will play in the finals of the Magnolia Tournament. Strong beat Magnolia 37-33 in overtime on Friday.
The officiating was horrible. The referees did everything they could to screw the Lady Bulldogs. I try to be unbiased, although I usually fall short. But, this was beyond the norm. Some of the calls were incredibly blatent.
I lost my cool a couple times. Hopefully, not too many people saw me. Even Magnolia sports writer Chris Gilliam admitted it didn't look very fair.
El Dorado beat down Hope 49-27. It wasn't that close.
If Strong had Breuna Dixon, who missed Friday's game with a knee injury, I'd give the Lady Bulldogs a shot. Since they won't, I'm going with the Lady Wildcats, who should wear Strong down with pressure defense and depth.
***
At OBU, Marandalynn Parker scored eight points in 25 minutes in the Lady Tigers' loss to St. Mary's on Friday.
Around Union County, Parkers Chapel beat Hermitage 52-14 on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home