Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Gimme a stick

I'm hoping Tuesday's game at Strong was just a one-night thing. Hopefully, the game is not an indictment of area girls basketball this season. Hopefully, it was all a bad dream and I will wake up soon.
The Lady Bulldogs beat Norphlet 47-42. The teams combined to shoot 33-of-76 at the free throw line with probably twice as many turnovers as missed free throws.
It was hideous.
John Wooden would've rolled over in his grave if he'd seen that. I know John Wooden isn't dead but if he'd seen that game, it would've killed him.
Thankfully, former Strong coaches Ron Triplett, Betty Burge and Kendrah Ferguson weren't there because they would've shot themselves in the forehead with a nail gun if they'd seen it. Hell, if I could've found a stick, I would've beaten my own self into a state of unconsciousness.
Okay, I'm exaggerating slightly. I would not have beaten myself with a stick although that would've been more pleasureable than the game.
It was an ugly, ugly, bare-naked, butt-ugly ball game.
I'm sure both teams can play better. I look forward to seeing all of these girls play better this season.
For one night, however, I believe I saw basketball at its blood-curdling worst.
I'm about to hit myself with a stick just thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home