Monday, February 04, 2008

Where's your ring, Cooper?

It must really suck to be Cooper Manning right about now. Cooper is the older brother to Peyton and Eli Manning, the last two Super Bowl MVP quarterbacks.
Talk about sibling rivalry.
How hard is that?
Father Archie was a professional quarterback and one of the all-time greats. He has three sons, two of whom win Super Bowl championships.
It doesn't matter if Cooper is a top-notch brain surgeon. That's still only good for third place in the Manning household. I don't care if he saves lives with his own bare hands, he's still sitting at the kiddie table when he goes home for Thanksgiving.
"Hey, I'd like to introduce you to my three sons. Peyton is quarterback for the Colts. He's wearing his Super Bowl ring there. That's my youngest boy Eli. He quarterbacks the Giants. Where's your Super Bowl ring, boy. Show him your ring. Yeah, that's right, two Super Bowl quarterbacks in my family.
"Oh, my other son? Yeah, that's Cooper. Nope, he's not a quarterback. Hey Coop, show 'em your high school class ring."
I thought I hated family reunions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home