Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Is that a moose?

Fatigue makes cowards of us all. In my case, it hasn't turned me into a coward but it has made me really, really loopy.
Last night I stayed up until 4 in the morning. I do this all the time but I don't normally wake up at 9 a.m. This sleep deprivation made me positively goofy Tuesday night.
I don't know why I woke up so early.
I remember having a weird dream. Have you ever dreamed about rams before?
Me neither.
Man, apparently I was living out in some isolated area and rams were all over the freaking place. I was outside amongst the rams and I was petrified that one of them was going to attack me.
Then, all of a sudden, a moose was in my face.
What the Hell?
I guess the moose woke me up.
No more Tony's Pizza after midnight for this guy.
I thought my nightmare was over until I watched Junction City's girls fall flat in the district tournament at Hermitage. I was so disappointed in their effort.
Ideally, you want your local kids to walk off the court for the final time after putting up a valiant effort. You want to see them scratching, kicking and clawing to keep their season alive.
The Lady Dragons played hard, I guess, but I never saw the desperation in their eyes, even when they rallied to tie the game in the fourth quarter.
It's too bad. Coach Ball deserved better and so did some of the players.
Oh well, I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the county teams try to keep their seasons going. And, if I dream about moose or rams tonight, I'm not even going to Hermitage tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home