Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Naked Sportswriter

Sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile. Actually, I don't have much to say now, either.
Last week I was sacked with a mean case of food poisoning. Trust me, you don't want any of the details.
Friday, I went to Junction City for the game with Strong. As I took a giant step up the bleachers, the seam in the leg of my brand new britches ripped. When I say ripped, I mean from the crotch to the knee. Thankfully, I was wearing clean underwear.
It made for a very uncomfortable night as I sat with my notebook covering as much of my exposed flesh as possible. I don't know how many people saw me. When the girls game ended, I ran onto the court like the Junction City kids who form the line for the boys team to run through.
I think that was enough of a diversion to get me out of the place unnoticed.
If someone saw something, I didn't know it. I was running pretty fast toward my car. Unfortunately, my pants kept ripping further and further with every step. By the time I got to the car, I was pretty much bottomless.
Take that visual to bed with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home