Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I'm not working here

To work or not to work, that is the question.
Actually, I guess that's a statement since I didn't put a question mark at the end.
Anyway, I'm in the midst of my second week of a two-week vacation. It's probably the only break I'll get this year. Unfortunately, car troubles foiled my plan of spending last week in Fayetteville, staying at a hotel on the company's dime and covering the local athletes at the All-Star Games. I really was looking forward to getting away, perhaps spending a day with Coach Slatton and his wife Donna.
I was really eager to get out of town for a few days. I got a cousin trying to move in with me with her two daughters. I got one bedroom, one bathroom, one roll of toilet paper so, that ain't happening.
I need to type quieter in case she's waiting outside the window.
Yeah, the 2000 Cavalier has been good for me but I think it may be time to put her down. I can't afford to get it fixed and, although it's still running, there's no way I can trust it for those football road trips I got coming up.
To make matters worse, I've got to fix up around my house and that's gonna cost money because when I say "I" gotta fix up around my house I really mean "I" gotta pay somebody to fix up around my house.
So, anyway, with the vacation plan falling flat, I've been holed up in the house. If it sounds a lot like my vacation last year, yeah, it is. Life sucks balls when you're broke.
I haven't been playing the video game, however. That's right, I'm writing a novel. Well, I said it was going to be a novel. I don't know if I can come up with 100,000 words. I'm at 15,000 now and I've got plenty story left to write. But, it might not actually end up being novel length.
I've been focused on that instead of the hot bed of local sports activity going on outside. I've made a phone call about the El Dorado job and I did get a tip. But, I ain't writing about it until I'm getting paid.
I just found out about the Junction City girls job being open. I thought the coach was going to turn it around after watching the Lady Dragons at summer camp. I do think he might've turned them in the right direction. It'll be interesting to see what happens down there.
I thought I mentioned earlier that Mike Poff has taken over the Smackover girls basketball program. Chris Long will take over the softball job. That should be interesting, too.
I really probably should be on top of some of this stuff but, hey, I'm on vacation. I would actually still be on vacation right now except Mark Bagwell Young in Parkers Chapel texted me saying he was Jonesing for some Floor Burns. That sounds like a marital issue to me.
Ha!
Here the drummer get wicked!
I'll try to tear myself away from the brilliant piece of literary cheesecake again within the week. Peace out, ladies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home