Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sit down for this

Alert the media.
Wait, I am the media.
In all the excitement, I forgot who I was for a second. Anyway, I just witnessed one of the most incredible things I've seen in the last 20 years.
Late Friday night, I got off work and headed to the El Dorado Wal-Mart. Okay, that's nothing special but what happened after I got inside the Wal-Mart will knock you off your feet.
Come to think of it, go ahead and sit down. I don't want to be responsible for any head traumas after you read what I have to say next.
Are you sitting down? Well hurry up.
Okay, once I was inside Wal-Mart, I headed to the kitchen section to look for a George Foreman grill. Now, here's the strange and very unusual thing that happened to me.
A Wal-Mart employee walked up to me and asked if I needed help.
I thought it might be a trap but instinctively, since I did need some assistance, I said, "yes, I'm looking for the George Foreman grills."
The employee then stopped what she was doing, showed me where the grills were and even suggested an item that was on sale.
That's right, somebody actually assisted me in Wal-Mart.
Gasp!!
I know. I was as shocked as you are. I'll bet you're glad you're sitting down, now.
I don't know what to think. First, a black man is President and now this.
***
Another thing happened last week that wasn't as shocking. Long-time boys basketball coach at Stephens, Richard Bradley, announced his retirement. The Roadrunners have traditionally one of the best small-school basketball programs in the state so this is a newsworthy item.
What was a surprise was Bradley's replacement. Roger Jones, the junior high girls coach, will coach the Roadrunners.
Okay?
I wonder if the players will transfer to Camden Fairview, Magnolia or perhaps Smackover?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home