Friday, March 20, 2009

Lazy so-and-so

It's been a couple of weeks since all my area basketball teams were eliminated. I must admit to being extremely lazy when it comes to getting my postseason stuff done. I usually have all my stories written and have figured out all my all-area teams by now.
I'm having a difficult time getting into it this season. I actually had a few girls step up toward the end of the year so my All-Area Team actually has me a little excited. It's bad when you don't feel like you have enough girls worthy of the honor. That's not the case this season. I had five or six solid choices.
It's not like the end of the year didn't have some excitement, either. Four teams advancing in the state tournament has never happened before in Union County on the girls side. The bummer for me was I only got to watch one - Parkers Chapel.
PC was probably the best choice since they hadn't been to state in awhile and their first round game was so exciting. But, I wish I could've watched El Dorado, Strong and Smackover, too. There's always more to the story and I would've loved to have seen how these players reacted in the state tournament atmosphere.
Maybe one day we can get all of our smaller schools in the same classification again so we don't have to pick and choose who we're covering in the postseason. I didn't realize how fortunate I was when they were all in the same conference. Now, I do.
I don't know if that's why I've been procrastinating on this thing or not. But, I have to knuckle down and get this thing done.
I'd better get back to calling coaches for comments on players. So far today, I'm one-out-of-five on reaching coaches.
By the way, former El Dorado coach Brad Slatton got the principal's job at Fort Elliot Consolidated in Texas. His future plans don't include coaching unless he can't find a suitable replacement.
Congratulations to the old goat, who leaves coaching with his most successful season ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home