Friday, May 01, 2009

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha

For those who have heard the rumors, I have confirmed Marsha Cowling has coached her final game at Smackover. In a text, she told me her husband has a job offer in Texarkana they cannot turn down.
I'm giving her a couple of days before I interview her for the newspaper.
Cowling was blessed with good timing as she inherited classes in the seventh and eighth grades upon her arrival that would be quite special. Nevertheless, credit must go to her for taking a program that went winless one year and didn't even field a team the next and taking it to the state tournament two straight years.
Congratulations to Marsha, Marsha, Marsha for turning around the Titanic and sailing it to the promised land. I wish her and her family nothing but the best in the future. I enjoyed working with her the past few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home