Thursday, October 30, 2008

Basketball baby

I don't have much to say. Just thought I'd post something since I haven't in a few days. First, I've actually started thinking a little about high school basketball in the past week for the first time since last season.
I didn't mean to. After covering El Dorado's football 38-21 loss at Lake Hamilton on Friday, I was the last person to leave the stadium and found myself locked inside. I couldn't get through the gate and was almost in panic mode. Lake Hamilton's track coach, who was also the announcer for the football game, is the brother of Strong girls coach Gerrald Koonce. I called Coach Koonce to get his brother to unlock the gate to let me out.
Anywho, on my way home, Coach Koonce called to see if I escaped and we had a short chat about his basketball team. That was my first basketball conversation in awhile.
The next day, Norphlet coach Justin Welch emailed me to put an announcement in the paper. After that, someone alerted us to a girl from Parkers Chapel who was running cross country. I called basketball coach Mark Young to find out about the girl and, jokingly, asked when he wanted us to take his team picture.
When he said he was ready for us to take it, I was taken aback. PC's Blue-White game is on Monday. I had no idea the season was about to tip off.
I guess I've to step off the El Dorado football bandwagon briefly to see what's going on in basketball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home