Saturday, October 11, 2008

I'm honored

I was honored Saturday night by the South Arkansas African American Historical Society for my impact in the community over the past 17 or so years. It was a nice honor that, I'm not sure I deserved. But, I am very proud and thankful for the society's recognition.
Actually, when I saw the other people honored I really did feel out of place. The other 12 honorees included a judge, a lawyer, a doctor and a professor, not to mention leaders in business and other government officials.
They read a short bio of all the honorees and mine clearly was one of the least impressive. At least it seemed that way to me. Still, it was nice to be included in that group of outstanding South Arkansas citizens.
I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing right, but I'll try to keep on doing it.
Speaking of doing something right, Coach Lee Scroggins said daughter Emilee could be going home in the next day or so. Her tests have looked good and, as an athlete, she probably healed up better than the average person, anyway.
I didn't ask Lee about basketball as it's not that important right now. But, I'm sure as soon as the doctors say she can start bouncing a ball again, she'll be back on the court.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home