Saturday, October 04, 2008

Emilee getting better

Lee Scroggins texted me on Friday night to say daughter Emilee is resting comfortably. The coach wanted to thank everyone for all their thoughts and prayers.
***
I was in Texarkana for football on Friday and missed the WNBA Finals Game 2. It's on my TIVO but I probably won't watch it. A look at the boxscore and a quick recap told me the whole story in San Antonio's 69-61 loss to Detroit.
Detroit jumped out to a 16-point lead in the first quarter of a game in San Antonio that the Silver Stars desperately needed to win. Becky Hammon, the focal point of Detroit's defense, still led San Antonio with 24 points and seven assists.
The expert analysts said Hammon still has to do more if San Antonio hopes to win.
Perhaps it's time some of her teammates stepped up. Hammon led the team in scoring and rebounding despite being double teamed on the perimeter and triple-teamed when she drove. What more can one slow-footed, short white girl do?
In the postgame press conference, Hammon was quoted as saying she hasn't seen her team, yet. Some thought she was throwing her teammates under the bus with that comment. I don't think she was but, if professional players don't show up when the entire season is on the line, no one should have to throw them under the bus. They should jump in front of it themselves.
Friggin' quitters!
The Shock can close out the series Sunday in Detroit. I'll watch my girl Becky go one against five again. This is ridiculous. I'm pissed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home