Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Basketball already?

Oh me, oh my, is it basketball season again?
Actually, not yet but it's right around the corner. El Dorado coach Corey Smith called to remind me that the season tips off in less than a month. For the first time in a long time, I'm not ready for basketball.
You see, I've been starved for some decent football out of El Dorado for about three years now. The Wildcats are finally playing and now I have to divert my attention to another sport.
Last year and the year before, I couldn't wait for basketball to start. I was watching practices and thinking hoops after about the first week of football two-a-days.
I must work on getting my basketball jones up and running. I talked to Parkers Chapel coach Mark Young and he's excited and ready to roll.
In the next few days I'll start calling coaches around the area. Hopefully, talking hoops will get me in the mood to watch some hoops.
In the meantime, it's all about El Dorado football, baby. They don't want none of the El Dog - woof, woof!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home