Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Here's a question

I got a question.
Why is it when I'm covering a football game at El Dorado and I'm sitting in the pressbox booth, people assume I'm not doing anything?
Numerous times adults have walked into the pressbox with young children. I hear them as they walk through the radio crew whisper to the children, "be quiet in here, these guys are working."
Then, they walk through the booth with the football coaches and say, "sssshhh! These are the coaches so be quiet so they can work."
Then, they park their loud rear ends in my booth and proceed to talk, laugh and chatter.
What the heck?
I'm trying to keep notes, statistics and a running play-by-play of the same game. Why do I not get the same respect as the other professionals, who are working?
I've laughed this off for awhile but I'm starting to get annoyed.
People assume if you work for a newspaper and are covering a game, they can just walk up to you and talk. They don't do that to radio or television people during a game.
Yet, those same jack arses will be the first to point out any mistakes they see in the newspaper the next day.
I know, nobody cares. I understand griping about it won't change anything. But, perhaps it will make me feel better about it . . .
Nope, I don't feel any better, yet.
When I finally SNAP, people better duck and cover because I'm emptying all the clips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home