Monday, July 30, 2007

My turn, you lose

I am shocked and disappointed by my adversary. You had ammunition at your disposal but didn’t fire a single shot.
Here, I’ll show you how the numbers support your case.
My girl Becky Hammon is leading the league in turnovers. I can’t believe you didn’t point that out. Hammon averages 4 turnovers per game while Sue Bird turns it over 2.4 times per game.
That would’ve strengthened your case. Of course, I would’ve then pointed out that Hammon is not a natural point guard. She was a scorer in college and earned a roster spot in the WNBA as a long ranger sniper off the bench at New York.
She’s still learning to play point guard but she will never have a true point guard mentality. Bird is a natural point guard. She’s always played point guard and thinks like a point guard.
To me, that makes Hammon an even better player. She’s playing out of position and still has her team on top. As for your history lesson, Sue Bird winning a game in the third grade during recess didn’t mean anything Sunday when she was getting that butt kicked by Becky Hammon.
If you must compare what happened seven or eight years ago in college, surely you will take into account Bird played at Connecticut and Hammon played at Colorado State. Bird’s teammates in college were Tamika Williams, Swin Cash, Diana Taurasi and Kelly Shumacher, all of whom play in the WNBA.
Hammon’s teammates at Colorado State? Well, none of them are in the WNBA, that’s for sure.
Bird was supposed to win a national title in college. I watched Becky Hammon put a team on her back and carry it to the Sweet 16.
I’ll put it another way, Connecticut won a national title after Bird left. Colorado State hasn’t sniffed the Sweet 16 since Hammon graduated.
But, you know what, I’m tired of winning this argument. I’ll let Bird’s own coach settle this.
This was in the Seattle newspaper on Monday.

Seattle coach Anne Donovan admitted that All-Star guard Becky Hammon (10-for-16 for 30 points) -- who had seven points in the final two minutes -- was way more than Seattle could handle: "We need to figure out how to guard Becky Hammon."

In other words, Donovan was saying their point guard kicks our point guard's booty.
Booyah! Thank you sir, may I have another?
The ring, kiss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home