Thursday, March 15, 2007

Wide World of Dizzy

Since Monday or Tuesday, I was feeling dizzy and light-headed. I'm 42 years old so, every now and again some part of my body will start to creak and I'll wonder what's wrong. But, the creak usually goes away and I'm back to my OLD self again.
But, feeling dizzy isn't exactly a creak. This was different. I lay in bed the other night and the room was spinning so fast, I grabbed the edge of the bed because I thought I was about to fall on the floor.
If that ain't a warning sound, I've never seen one.
Thursday morning I got up and made an appointment to see a doctor. As I expected, they told me my blood pressure was too high. Everytime I go to a doctor, they tell me my blood pressure is too high.
This time, however, I got the message when the nurse practicioner said, "Your blood pressure is at stroke level."
That's an attention grabber even for someone as stubborn as yours truly. I should've been on blood pressure medicine years ago but never had the time to get the proper prescription.
Now, I have no choice. If it's not already too late.
I took two pills that brought my blood pressure down some, which kept me out of the hospital. Hopefully, the medicine will do the trick and my dumbass will keep getting treatment.
I'm pretty much banned from going to the office for a couple of days. I can handle that.
From here on out, I'm following doctor's orders. I don't care what it is. If the doctor tells me to shave my head and go on Dancing With The Stars with Mark Young as my partner, then get out the razor and crank up the music.
Nothing is more important than your health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home