Thursday, February 22, 2007

I miss El Dorado

It's Thursday in Glenwood and I miss civilization.
Holy crap, there is nothing here. It might as well be a desert.
I'm here for the week to cover the 2A South Region Tournament in Mt. Ida. Mt. Ida is about 25 minutes away from here. When I got back into Glenwood after Wedneday's games, it wasn't 10:30 yet and the town was jet black. I mean, there was nothing open except a little 7-11 type store.
I got back to the hotel to send my stories back to the office and, since I could not make time to visit the hospitality room at the gym, I was starving and needed something to eat. Unfortunately, the only option was the convience store, where I purchased a bag of Cheetos.
I woke up this morning still hungry. I waited until about 11:30 before I ventured out onto the town to find some food. Guess what? There was none.
The only fast food joint in Glenwood is a Sonic and that place was packed. When I first drove into town I wondered why the Sonic had so many cars there. Now, I know exactly why.
This place sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home