Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Pick a brother up

For those of you who have seen me walking around town the past two weeks, why the hell didn't you stop to pick me up? Seriously!
Yes, the economic crunch has me in its jaws and it's chomping down hard. My automobile is in the shop and I, frankly, can't afford to get it out, right now. So, for the past two weeks, I've been without an automobile.
I've been walking to work, walking to the bread store, walking to the dollar store, walking to Spudnuts. It sucks not having a ride and having to dial up friends to pick you up so I've been hoofing it whenever possible.
On the bright side, I'm getting in a lot better shape. This is certainly not the exercise I wanted but it's probably the workout I've been needing for the past few years. I never thought I could walk all the way from my house to the office. But, I did it Sunday and didn't even break a sweat.
Fortunately, I was blessed with a beautiful day to make the walk. It was actually quite pleasant.
I'm working on getting a vehicle since basketball season tips off next week. I've been fortunate to get some help from a friend or two.
Hopefully, I'll be back on my feet financially and off my feet literally in no time flat.
In the meantime, if you see me walking, for your information, I'm not doing it for exercise. Stop and pick a brother up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home