Thursday, September 24, 2009

Football season

Busy. Busy. Busy.
Football season is going strong at the Eldog with the state's most anticipated matchup coming to town tomorrow. I must admit, I'm in complete football mode, right now.
Lots of things have happened recently, including Serena Williams losing her mind at the U.S. Open. I've been watching but haven't had a chance to comment.
I watched the Razorbacks against Georgia last week. It looks like Ryan Mallett is as good as advertised. It's always exciting when a premier athlete comes to this state. But, as good as the quarterback looks, Arkansas' defense was absolutely awful.
Serena lost her mind at a line judge at the Open. At first, I completely understood her getting upset at the call. I've seen McEnroe and Connors do the same thing and it's not a big deal. Serena crossed the line, however, if she threatened to kill the woman. I do think it was a bit of a double standard for the commentators, who couldn't wait to trash Serena for her actions. I wonder why.
Serena should send Kanye West a thank you card, though. Everybody forgot about her after that idiot did what he did the next night on MTV.
I'm trying to get into the WNBA playoffs. It's harder for me since San Antonio lost to Phoenix the other day. But, you have to admire Vickie Johnson for the way she ended her career. The former Lady Techster closed her career in style with one of her all-time great performances. It was tough watching VJ and Hammon hug at the end of the game. They've played more games together than any other duo in the WNBA. Hammon did her best to keep her friend by her side for another series. Sadly, it was not meant to be.
Phoenix should win this thing, now. I hate to say it but, dayum, they're good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home