Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Let's play softball

This wasn't part of the plan but apparently, I'm about to get knee-deep into softball.
Dadgum, I thought the school sports year was slowing down for me.
Actually, I haven't done a lot the past couple of weeks. Age is, unfortunately, hitting me as I've had an assortment of ailments recently, including a nasty ear infection that had me wishing for a visit from Dr. Kevorkian.
I'm back at work, just in time for regional and state softball. Woo Hoo!
El Dorado is hosting the 6A State Tournament and I'll be helping Big Kev with that. Also, Parkers Chapel and Smackover both qualified for state tournaments in 2A and 3A. Kev is the softball man so he'll have to figure out how to cover three teams, playing in three separate tournaments at the same time.
Good luck with that, Big Guy.
Like I said, I'll help with the local tournament. Texarkana's paper is covering our soccer teams over there this week so I'm covering Texarkana softball this weekend. We do this stuff in the newspaper business sometimes.
Anyway, it's busy around the office. Jason has his hands full with baseball. Kev is swamped with softball. Meanwhile, I have to get on top of some of this track and field. We actually have three or four athletes who are doing good this year. At the same time, I'm trying to put the finishing touches on our banquet, which takes place May 24.
It's hectic. But, I kind of like it, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home