Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Scrooge in the house

I don't mean to be Scrooge. I really don't.
This time of the year sucks.
Okay, maybe it just sucks for me.
I wish there was some sort of break between football and basketball seasons. Covering football can be a real grind and it's not just covering the games on Friday nights. During the week, I did interviews and stories with the defensive coordinator and head coach. I did the game story. I did the follow-up story on Saturday.
The only days I didn't talk to a football coach were Sunday and Monday and I worked those two days also. This means I've worked in some capacity every single day since September. Even if the work is only for a couple of hours on a Wednesday, it still adds up.
Now we're into basketball. Unfortunately, this sport doesn't take a holiday break with tournaments right up to Christmas and New Years.
Please don't ask me what I'm doing for the holidays because I'll be doing what I do every year for the holidays - WORKING!
And, no, I don't want to hear about your plans.
I hate this time of year.
I went to the office Christmas party last night and watched as other people laughed and won door prizes.
Oh what fun.
I want to take some time off. I really, really, really, really need to take a few days off.
But, I can't.
I'm not going to be a very happy person for awhile. I'm tired. I'm irritable.
I'm alone at home sitting at my computer, typing about how tired and irritable I am.
I should be writing my book. I have it in my head. If I could just freaking re-charge a little bit. My brain is fried.
Is it wrong to blame all of this on the holiday season?
Probably.
God, I'm really tired.
Thanks for listening. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home