Thursday, December 11, 2008

Good basketball, thank God

Just when I thought I had no good girls basketball to cover this year, El Dorado's team decides to get serious. The Lady Wildcats followed up Tuesday's 10-point win at Camden Fairview with a 48-43 overtime win over Southwood (La.).
That's two wins over defending state champions in a three-day span.
The Lady Wildcats have talent. I believed that all along. But, I wasn't sure if they'd put it all together.
I didn't see Thursday's win in Bossier City but Tuesday's win in Camden was the real deal. The Lady Wildcats put forth a complete performance and were actually fun to watch.
That's a far cry from last week when they got blasted by Bryant and looked like crap in a win over winless Little Rock Hall.
I sure hope they can keep up the good play. It would make my season a lot more enjoyable.
In Magnolia this week, Smackover beat Trinity Christian; Parkers Chapel beat Hope and Norphlet beat Genoa Central.
The Lady Bucks play the Lady Trojans tomorrow. It should be fun.
I guess this basketball season might not be so bad after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home